The Foundation’s Key Objective
The key objective of the Foundation is to implement the focused and strategic expansion of KenGen’s Corporate Social Investment activities, and to mobilize complementary resources to facilitate implementation of more sustainable projects.
To transform livelihoods of communities through impactful and sustainable programs.
Investing in communities to transform livelihoods.
To date, KenGen has invested over Kes 1.8 billion in various community projects countrywide. These projects fall within the Foundation’s three core pillars as well as other thematic areas identified as crucial by communities.
- Economic empowerment
- Sports & Culture
- Humanitarian aid
A Board of Trustees consisting of 9 members governs the Foundation.
The Board is responsible for overseeing the following:-
- Execution of the operational strategy of the foundation;
- Overall program and grant-making strategy;
- Overall fundraising strategy;
- Budget and investment strategies;
- Overall staff performance and impact.